[RESOLVED] How to render a mhtml file.

Thread: [RESOLVED] How to render a mhtml file.

Resolved [RESOLVED] How to render a mhtml file.

I downloaded/saved a Facebook page with Vivaldi browser as an mhtml file (no other option was given) but it doesn't render at all in any of my browsers... Firefox latest, Waterfox classic, Chrome latest or IEX 11.

In IEX I do get a page of code but all the others remain blank. I did convert a copy of it to an mht file following advice on google but that didn't really help although it does appear in code in some of the other browsers... closer but no cigar.

Any suggestions?

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

What steps did you do to save the page?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

File>save page as. Using Vivaldi/chrome browser. I tried other random sites and mhtml is the only save option available. Perhaps I should have used another browser since I see more save as options but it's too late now because the facebook page has been deleted (which is the reason I wanted to save it)

You'd think that since Vivaldi has that one option it would be able to open the downloaded page/file but it, as I said above, just remains blank.

The extensions in the downloaded page folder are a bit odd. No idea why they've almost all been renamed as "download" files See pic...

I suppose I could rename them all by deleting the ".download" extension but there are hundreds of them. I'll need to give some thought on a way to do that that won't take hours.

EDIT: Ok, so I did a batch rename to get rid of that extension using my 3rd party file manager but it doesn't make any difference.. still doesn't open in any browser.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So I noticed when I tried to open it with Firefox there was a momentary flash of Facebook blue as the page opened before it went completely blank. So I hit the escape key quickly and repeatedly after refreshing the page to try and freeze it while it was blue and before it went blank to see what was there. It took a few tries but after about 6 I managed to freeze/stop it as the blue graphics were still showing and lo and behold the entire page was there. I then tried to save that as a normal HTM or HTML page but that didn't work either.

Instead I took some screenshots of sections of the page to piece together.. I now have a nearly complete picture of the page as I saved it. None of the click to open more discussions will open and all external links are dead but I do have about 80% of the whole thing and the most important parts that I'd wanted. I'll call this one resolved.

Still mystified that Vivaldi won't save web pages. All other experiments that I tried with random sites result in an unusable mhtml saved file. I disabled extensions/addons and that made no difference.

Does CTRL S give you any other Save As options?

Regular Chrome allows me to save as HTML.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Does CTRL S give you any other Save As options?
    Yes it does but now so does File>Save page as. Wasn't doing that before. I did just update to the latest version yesterday when it was newly available so perhaps that's the reason although the change log doesn't refer to it at all.

Thread Information