Malwarebytes Updates

Thread: Malwarebytes Updates

Malwarebytes Updates

The last two or three times I've updated Malwarebytes I've almost wished I hadn't. It automatically (as far as I can tell and remember) enrolls me in a limited time free trial of the fully paid version. That's all well and good, except that it runs scans every time the system wakes up. When it runs a scan I might as well walk away and do something else. It slows my system down terribly, to the point where I can't do anything and get very frustrated. This clears up as soon as the free trial is over.

I don't remember whether the update process allows me to opt out of that free trial. Does anyone know off hand? This frustrates me to the extent that I have skipped the last couple updates. I'd like to have them, but I'm not willing to endure the frustration of the free trial.

The question is, can I forego the free trial when I update Malwarebytes?

Thank you, Sir. That is the information I need.

Another option would be to delete the scheduled scan which can be accessed on the page you get when running a scan. Once it's deleted then you can take advantage of the free trial without it doing repetitive scans.
    Attached Images Attached Images

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information