Any Total AV Users ?

Thread: Any Total AV Users ?

Any Total AV Users ?

It's time to renew my antivirus program. This time I decided to try TotalAV. They seem to among the top 10, as shown on the web.
    However, I cannot get it to complete an installation on a PC running Windows 7. It seem to be ok on Windows 10 but as I try to install on Win7, it displays a small black window stating:
    "Completing setup..
    Waiting for internet connection"
    It just hangs there forever. I tried closing firewall protection, uninstalling & reinstalling, calling TotalAV, which offered very little help.So I'm hoping one of you guys may have answer. Thanks...........
    Where there's a will, there's a way

It should install on Windows 7.

Possibly useful link:

https://www.safetydetectives.com/bes...irus/total-av/

Does the Windows 7 install actually get as far as creating an icon or Start Menu entry? I assume that you are installing it from a user account with Administrator status. You could try right-clicking on the installation .exe and selecting Run As Admin.

Yes, it does install and create a desktop icon. I've also tried running as admin. I get the same results. It also shows in my totalav account as one of the installs. I'm good for 10 installs...

If it creates an icon, does it actually run when you double-click on it? If not, what happens? There should at least be an error message of some kind.

When I click on the icon I get what I said in my first post :"Completing setup..
    Waiting for internet connection" in just a small square window about 2x2"......

Hey jdc, in doing some snooping I found this situation. If I right click on the TotalAV icon, it lists various options, one of them being "trouble shooting compatibility " when I run this option, it states :

[ Settings applied:
    Windows compatibility mode Windows XP (service pack2)]
    But when I do a system information run, I get this:[MS Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601 service pack1 build7601]

So it appears that TotalAV is seeing the OS as Win XP rather than Win 7. Could that be & if so why???

That may or may not have anything to do with the "Waiting for Internet connection" error. Even if it does, there may not be anything you can do about it, since there is probably no option during the install process to set the compatibility mode.

I would try again to get some help from Total AV on this. You might get a better help the this time.

OK, thanks for replying anyway. I may just have to bite the bullet & use a freebee for that PC. It's a spare & I rarely fire it up ... Have a great day...........

Update: I just received a email from ToTal AV & they apparently had a server problem with one of their server providers affecting only Windows 7 & got it resolved. It is working ok now.............................

Nice.

Thanks for the web sites. BTW, what anti-virus program is highly recommended by you guys? Not necessarily a free-bee and One that includes VPN.

I use Norton at home, although I don't use their VPN. I have a separate VPN application. Kaspersky is also highly rated.

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best...test_variant=a

Thread Information