WHAT GIVES??

Thread: WHAT GIVES??

WHAT GIVES??

I was starting to edit a group of video files & as I started to edit the first 1of 35, The whole batch changed to the same title as the first. All I did was high-lite the first one & in a split second all changed to the same title as the first. I've had this happen in WinXP & win7 when editing mp3 files. This time it was video files & OS win10. I have tried to see if there was a way to reverse the action to no avail. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Fortunately, there were only 35 files. I have had this happen to a hundred or more files depending on where you started to edit. If you start at the top, you can loose the whole batch. If you start in the middle you only loose half. It always happen from top file to the bottom. It never happens going up the list.
    Where there's a will, there's a way

That should not happen under ANY version of Windows. It sounds like some third party software is likely the cause. Exactly where are you highlighting the file? In Windows Explorer, or in the File Open dialog box of the editing software?

To avoid the issue, create a Temp folder, COPY a file there, then edit it. When finished, move the edited file out of that folder to another folder and move the next file to be edited into the Temp folder.

jdc2000's solution is the best one but if it happens again immediately hit CTRL-Z keys to perhaps undo it.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks for the info. This happens so infrequent that it would be a waste of time to modify every folder on the hunch that this is going to happen. I would say that this is the second time this year that this has happened. it can happen out of the clear blue. If it happens again, I'll try finks method, that is if can remember months ahead if & when it happens.
    There has been times in the past that if I had a folder with stuff I didn't want to loose and was trying out software relevant to folder like renaming files or folders, then I would do jdc2000's method. Thanks again
    Where there's a will, there's a way

Thread Information