What does this all mean?

Thread: What does this all mean?

What does this all mean?

Attachment 15420What ho one and all,

Definitely a 'what is all this' question because I am interested.

For those who live outside the UK, there are two German discount supermarkets, one is called Lidl. They have recently introduced a sort of 'points' app that works on the phone. I have signed up and to confirm my e-mail address, I was sent this link:

hxxxs://accounts.lidl.com:443/account/confirmEmail/CfDJ8Ke2P8KDzLtAg_FfwqxYRHLZBnXyzrGJwIoY-r2-NsGXtzKAWjztPFwZWubLLZEfOrBRkSpV6MN01mHdoSk96FftBE29VHvc3GUkzigjWdIDYRfXU0LL8-LBuucKtvlS_ftUMiVvK2PPMHDSsBam6nNi8YwqQq5ecQciyXwP-UhT_KU1FLN-1_NVFfARDi1pghdizN3w_o6mFGYys_W0DU?language=en-GB

What does it all mean? How come it is so complex? How does a computer come up with such an impossible file name? I just don't understand and would be grateful for a bit of 'just out of interest' clarification.

Many thanks and toodle pip

PS: When I 'created' the thread, the link was greatly shortened. So this is a jpg of the link:

Attachment 15420
    Last edited by Rekusu; September 23rd, 2020 at 08:03 AM.

It's a code to uniquely identify you as the person who clicked the link to verify your email. It's not a file name it's a code assigned to that specific email so no one else will accidentally be misidentified. I'm going to make the link unclickable so they don't think others are trying to hack into your acc't with multiple clicks.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks for the explanation and sorry for the messy post. Until I saw your reply, I did not know that I had also posted the image at the beginning, nor made is clickable.

Thread Information