Arrange folders

Thread: Arrange folders

Hybrid View

Arrange folders

What ho one and all,

I know I'm behind the curve on many issues, but great to have this forum back again (or was it just me with the blank page?)

And I'm behind the curve with XP but it does run well (almost.)

Have an annoying folder naming issue that has recently occurred and I am at a loss as to how to cure it. My Doc folder and all my sub-folders is D: If it select D; from the desktop, everything is listed alphabetically with the folders first and then any files. That is how it's always been and is fine.

However, If I create a new file and want to save it in D:/ Motoring / Repairs (for example), when I select Save As, the box that opens is now listed in reverse with the various folders at the end rather than the beginning. I can right click and arrange by name, but this is no longer locked in.

I have folders options etc, all correct but the alphabetic listing doe not stay. Is there a reg setting that I need to amend?

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex

Look in the upper right of the Save As folder for the VIEW Settings.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

When the Save As dialog box is shown, you can click on the column headings (Name, etc.) to sort on the column you want. Clicking on the column a second time changes the sort order from A-Z to Z-A.

https://discussions.virtualdr.com/sh...07#post1562007

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    When the Save As dialog box is shown, you can click on the column headings (Name, etc.) to sort on the column you want. Clicking on the column a second time changes the sort order from A-Z to Z-A.

https://discussions.virtualdr.com/sh...07#post1562007

Yes, I know but I have to do that every time now; previously, it always appeared a-z by default.

And I know about the View settings, but again, previously, a-z was default, now I have to reset every time.

If I cannot find a fix, I will take my digital hammer and restore from an image when it was all working.

Thanks very much for the link to open in Explorer, arrange as required and close with Cnt / close.

That seems to have cured the problem.

Much appreciated.

Thread Information