Can't upload Pics to website/forum

Thread: Can't upload Pics to website/forum

Can't upload Pics to website/forum

I've belonged to a club website/forum for many years and was able to upload pics from my Win10 laptop until just a couple months ago, I believe after I reformatted and reloaded Win10. I've tried cleaning with CCleaner and TFC and cleaned the cookies, but no improvements. I can select the .jpgs, but when I click Upload File(s), I get nothing.

Upload1.JPG

The interface looks almost identical to this website, but I can upload here, but not to my club website. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I often use this site instead of uploading picture attachments via Vdr's interface.

https://postimages.org

Upload the pic then copy/paste the "hotlink for forums" option in your post.

Worth noting is some forums don't allow that kind of link but it's worth a try.
    It's what I used to upload the pics to Photolady's memorial thread.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks for the suggestion fink. That kind-of worked, but I'd rather solve the real problem.

What web Browser(s) have you used when trying to upload files? I assume that you never get any error messages?

1. Looks like you're trying to upload 8 files. What happens when you try 1 file?
    2. You're using the Insert Image option.... Try using the Manage Attachment option that you'd find on VitualDr under the Go Advanced section.

Using Chrome, that's what I used before. No error messages. I hit Upload Files and nothing happens. I tried 1 file and same thing.
    I've tried other websites (like this one) and it works fine, even looks like the same interface. No one else on the forum is complaining about this issue and I talked to the Admin and he was the person that suggested clearing my cookies, but no improvement. I'll see if I can find the Manage Attachment option in Go Advanced section, don't recall seeing it but I'll check again.
    I know this is weird and like I said, I don't have this issue on other websites I've uploaded pics to

Look in YOUR Profile settings.... Odds are there are 2 or 3 upload option... Try the basic one.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Hmmmm, looking at Profile settings and not seeing any Upload options.

I suggest trying a different web browser to see if you get the same issue. Try Internet Explorer or Firefox and see if you can upload a file.

OK, narrowing it down.
    I tried it with MS Edge and with Firefox and it worked!
    Also, if I run Chrome Safemode (chrome.exe --disable-extensions) it works!!

but trying Chrome again, it still doesn't load any pics.
    So I've narrowed the issue down to this specific website and running Chrome with my current extensions(?)

I'm thinking I might try disabling the extensions and see if that helps.

How many Chrome extensions do you have running, and which ones are they?

Try enabling them one at a time to see if you can determine which one is causing the issue. If that does not work, it could be a combination of them that is causing the problem.

I had 6 extensions running (some of them I'm not even familiar with!)
    I turned them all off and IT WORKED!!

So I started turning them back on, one at a time and narrowed it down to only this particular website, Chrome, and the AdBlock extension. (Upload worked on other websites or if I used Edge or FireFox)
    Don't understand why, because I've had all of these installed and running for multiple years, but something changed a couple months ago when I re-installed Win10 Home.

Thanks for the help guys!!! I appreciate you listening and sometimes talking it out helps.

The change is probably either something to do with Chrome and/or the AdBlock extension, or with the way the site you are trying to upload to serves up the ads. Windows 10 is probably not to blame, since it works with other browsers.

Thanks for the update.

Thread Information