BROWSER CRASHES

Thread: BROWSER CRASHES

BROWSER CRASHES

Windows 7... SeaMonkey 2.53.1 Crashes daily. Often api-2.spot.im... seems to be hanging. Recently Mozilla has connected the browser up with Firefox and it is beginning to get a little temperamental too. If I am posting at the wrong place can you direct me???

Thanx much

Marico

Sorry for the late reply.

SeaMonkey 2.53.3 is released now, as is SeaMonkey 2.53.4 beta. I would suggest saving backup copies of the installer for the version you have and/or earlier versions that worked before installing the latest version.

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply.

SeaMonkey 2.53.3 is released now, as is SeaMonkey 2.53.4 beta. I would suggest saving backup copies of the installer for the version you have and/or earlier versions that worked before installing the latest version.

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/
    I am using 2.5.3..ot a techie ...this is in my about: config. Should I change something here. Or just download the Beta?

SeaMonkey 2.53.3; Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0

Very thankful for your help.

Marico

The Firefox version I am using crashes daily also. I will try a later Firefox version some time this week to see if there is any improvement.

Do you get any error messages, or does it do what my Firefox does - close all instances and show a generic "Firefox crashed" error message?

I may try the latest version of Vivaldi also, just to see if it is any better.

I use Firefox 80.0.1 and it rarely crashes...when it does it leaves no message.
    SeaMonkey 2.53.3 constantly crashes.I have been struggling with SM crashes for about 2 years. None of the updates have resolved the problem. The forums have offered changes to my User Agents in about:config but none of the changes helped. My bank no longer supports SM so I need to use FF for my banking. You Tube no longer likes it, I can watch some videos there, but it is just a blank page with the one video. So I also use FF for YT. I want to keep using SM for my email. I have my own Domain and have used it for my mail for many years. That's even getting temperamental and I don't want to have to use Thunderbird. Holding my breath..... Scared to try anything with my profile...wish I were a technician. Anyhow, I hope you get your FF problem fixed...Good luck and God bless.

Just downloaded Firefox 80.0.1 and BAM! It didn't stay running any longer than Firefox 75 did.

I use both Waterfox Classic 2020.08 and for occasional sites, Firefox 52.9ESR, last one before Quantum. Both are sandboxed. If you sandbox your browsers, you can user older versions safely.

Waterfox Classic keeps the legacy XUL extensions, omits the telemetry, and gets security updates regularly. The HelpDesk is at Reddit.

Oh, forgot: I also have my PW manager sandboxed, so it can communicate with the browser.
    Last edited by foxy; September 21st, 2020 at 01:25 AM.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Thread Information