MP4 video plays upside down (after trans to USB thumb drive)

Thread: MP4 video plays upside down (after trans to USB thumb drive)

MP4 video plays upside down (after trans to USB thumb drive)

Something I have not seen before.

I have an MP4 video that I took with an old phone of mine about 2 years ago. It is about 10 minutes in length. Before I disposed of the phone I transferred the video onto the hard drive of my lap top.

I guess you can call the video - landscape mode; meaning I took the video with the phone on its side.

When I play the video from my lap top hard drive it plays fine. I transferred it to a USB thumb drive (very new 256g) and play it on another device it plays upside down. I did not use any type of video editor to transfer it just Windows file explorer.

I have a few "free" version photo/video editors that I downloaded from the net. I don't know their functions very well and just tinker with them. If I bring the video into one of the editors what function should I look for in the video editor that can flip it right side up. Almost like in Windows "paint" you can take an image and rotate it.

If I take the USB flash drive and run the video from it on my lap top the video is right side up. I am using the USB drive in a smart tv and smart dvd player which is showing upside down. I have not found any settings on either of them to flip the video. Also, the USB contains other videos that are right side up on these two devices that were taken from the same phone. Confusing me.

Any suggestions or hints would be appreciated.
    Thanks

ROTATE is the word to describe the needed action.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Yep, either rotate it twice right, (or left).

Thanks I will look for that and give it a shot.

Just curious as to why the video plays upside down on the Smart TV and BRDvd but right side up on the lap top and another phone of mine playing the video from the same USB flash drive.

I would guess the resolution/screen size have a lot to do with it.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thread Information