MISSING SOME VIDEOS

Thread: MISSING SOME VIDEOS

MISSING SOME VIDEOS

PC, when online, started to miss some videos, not all.
    thanks

PC SPECS
    W8.1 NS: 00258-61743-32505-AAOEM
    LENOVO-PC2
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 core, 4 processori logici X64
    BIOS LENOVO IEKT26AUS, 22/07/2014 - SMBIOS 2.7
    (RAM) 4,00 GB
    Windows 8.1 Versione 6.3.9600 build 9600
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - Ethernet 802.3
    CHKDSK C: /spotfix
    NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7654 Data di installazione: 08:49 ‎11/‎07/‎2017

miss some videos? What exactly does this mean? Are you getting dropouts when viewing videos? If yes, what site are these coming from, or are they stored on your computer? Or are some of your video files missing from your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    miss some videos? What exactly does this mean? Are you getting dropouts when viewing videos? If yes, what site are these coming from, or are they stored on your computer? Or are some of your video files missing from your computer?
    Thanks Jdc
    As an example when I scroll the NYT some of the videos are said to be not supported, and they never load up, the correlated article is accessible.
    Thanks again

OK, so these are videos from various web pages. What web browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser, like Firefox (there is a portable version if you do not want to actually install it)?

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    OK, so these are videos from various web pages. What web browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser, like Firefox (there is a portable version if you do not want to actually install it)?
    I think I found it. Actually I'm using Firefox, and I think is because his adblock, because I tried also with Chrome, but is infested with ads, I suppose also there is an adblock, but not active yet.
    Well I can do with no videos then.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by cima2003 View Post
    I think I found it. Actually I'm using Firefox, and I think is because his adblock, because I tried also with Chrome, but is infested with ads, I suppose also there is an adblock, but not active yet.
    Well I can do with no videos then.
    Thanks again
    In fact on Chrome, articles related videos from some papers works, without so many commercials as yesterdays, on Fierfox still not. and never commercials, go figure.

Did you try disabling the adblock addon? You didn't say which adblock you are using.

You didn't say what kind of video files they are either. We can't test anything if you don't give us examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Did you try disabling the adblock addon? You didn't say which adblock you are using.

You didn't say what kind of video files they are either. We can't test anything if you don't give us examples.
    I always use FIREFOX which has Ghostery, Privacy badger, Facebook container. I didn't try disabling it, I can't find the article anylonger, Where I can gey videos specs, and what kind? I will do it next event.
    thanks

It's probably one of those addons that is blocking the videos.

You should be able to right-click on a video to see what type of player it uses.

Thread Information