[RESOLVED] CRB Custom

Thread: [RESOLVED] CRB Custom

Resolved [RESOLVED] CRB Custom

On startup I have something that loads called CRB Custom. I can't find it as an app or program. Any idea what it is or where to look for it.

Thanks

Did you look in the Startup tab in Task Manager?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-startup-apps

You could also search for CRB with Everything Search to try to find the app folder.
    https://www.voidtools.com/

Startup tab in task manager shows nothing for CRB. "Everything Search" shows 18 things for CRB. I have no idea what to do with them.

What do you mean CRB loads on Startup then? I've never heard of that program, and I can't seem to find any info about it. Do you actually use the program or not?

Have your run a scan with Malwarebytes yet?

You could post a screen capture of the Everything Search results window for CRB.

Nothing shows up on malware. I do not use "CRB" that I know of. I don't even know what it is. The computer is relatively new and the words on startup "CRB custom" have always appeared and then gone away. When I turn on the computer and it is starting the words "CRB Custom" show up momentarily then the computer continues to start. To do a screen shot I open up "everything" and scroll down to the files, I'm assuming they are files, with "CRB" in them. I push the "Print Scn" button. Then I don't know where the screen shot is. I cannot find any information on "CRB" either.

If any of the CRB files you've found are executables (.exe) right click and select properties then details to see if there's any info on the maker of the program.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Hopefully this works. There should be two attached files. I have no idea how I got these as after I clicked "manage attachments" I could not find a "brows" button.

It's really odd that there's a "CRB Custom" folder in C:\Users. That seems like you have a "CRB Custom" user account. Did you check the user accounts on that system? If you're sure you don't use that app, you could try deleting the CRB Custom folder.

Why is the search line blank in Everything? You should at least type "CRB" so that it filters out other folders.

I don't know if my last post went through.

Thank you for all your help! I am going to call the person that put the computer together and see if he added CRB Custom or knows what it is. I'll let you know.

"CRB Custom" is the user name the builder used to set up the computer if that makes any sense.

Yes, now it makes sense. You didn't say that it was a custom built system. Like I said, it was strange that CRB was in the C:\Users folder unless it was a user.

You can ask your builder about removing that user and the startup message.

Thread Information