Miracast not supported by your PC

Thread: Miracast not supported by your PC

Miracast not supported by your PC

I have been trying to project my laptop screen on to my TV wirelessly, but when I open action center and try to connect, it says Your pc doesn't support miracast so it can not project wirelessly.
    This happens on all three of my laptops, they all have the latest updates to win10 installed.
    Is there anything I can download or buy to solve this problem.
    I really need to project my screen to my TV especially now when there are a lot of Zoom meetings.
    Thanks
    MCP, A+,Net+

what make and model of TF do you have? It may be the TV and not the computers. Also, there may be a wired option available, but we can't know without info on the TV and the laptops or computers you have.

What is the make/model of your TV and the laptop you're casting from? Do you have any other streaming devices like a FireTV?

Is there a reason you can't use an HDMI cable and just use the TV as a second screen?

I have a Samsung TV 680 6+Series Model # PN58c 680G5F, my Laptops are a Dell Latitude E6430, and a HP Pavilion DV600, both with Windows10 Pro with the latest updates. I have a Apple TV box, a Roku stick and a Chromecast box attached to my TV with a HDMI cables. Yes I guess I could use an HDMI cable, but would prefer wireless.
    I don't mind even buying a new laptop but need one that is miracast capable.
    MCP, A+,Net+

Thread Information