A few days ago I was using a program to catalog my photos and when trying to delete a photo from my HD using the program, the computer totally froze. Nothing worked, even Task Manager would not open. (I have uninstalled that program I was using!) Had to hold down start button to turn it off. In rebooting, screen comes up Windows did not close correctly, Options or Restart were the choices, and I did Restart. It booted but the mouse would not work. It displayed, but would not move. I used Device manger to disable the mouse -- or uninstall it, whatever it does -- and then rebooted. It reinstalled the mouse. But from time to time now the mouse will just disappear or stop working. If the mouse is not visible, I can depress CTRL and the flicker of action will appear but no mouse. I have to remove the USB device and re-seat it to get the mouse back. What can I do to correct this? Thanks for taking a moment to check this. When I started to use the mouse to scroll down to submit the thread, no mouse! Had to remove and reset the USB.