How to check why Win 10 has become very slow?

Thread: How to check why Win 10 has become very slow?

How to check why Win 10 has become very slow?

In the past 6 weeks or so my Dell laptop has really slowed down. Type a word and sometimes nothing happens for 5-10 seconds and then all the letters appear. I put the computer to sleep and when I open it next morning it may take over a minute for the WIFI to connect, and using Edge browser I get a message, after connecting and I am checking Gmail that Gmail is not responding. Stuff like this. My 8 gig of memory is functioning well, according to, I think, an internal check of the memory tells me. I have not installed new programs. I am running Norton Security and also Malwarebytes, but these have been in use for over a year. My drive is a 1 T and over half of it is empty. Is there some place a list of things I can use to check what has happened?

Check Task Manager to see If something is using a lot of CPU time.

Check the system temperatures. The BIOS may have temperature monitoring, or use something like SpeedFan. High CPU temperatures can cause CPU throttling. Check that any fans are running and not clogged with dust.

Check the hard drive activity LED for excessive drive access or usage.

I'll check Task Manager. Thanks. I do not have a hard drive light on this laptop. But can check the fans. Thanks.

Thread Information