Setting background color in html

Thread: Setting background color in html

Setting background color in html

I have a table I want to put on a black background but when I try, the black floods the table as well.

How do I state the background without including the table?

Thanks - rev

I'm guessing you'd just have to set the table background color.
    https://www.html.am/html-codes/table...ound-color.cfm

Midkynte is correct. The table will automatically use the page background color, so you will have to manually tell the table what color you want. Now why you'd want a black background I do not know, but that should clear it up for you.

Add the attribute bgcolor to the table tag. Remember not to use color words like "Black" or "Blue" as they will render different for each end user. Instead use "FFFFFF" for white or "000000" for black as an example.

bgcolor="color"

Good way to choose your color and get the code for it.

https://htmlcolorcodes.com/

Thanks Dash, I'll give it a shot. I have a great little app called Huey for the colors, it's probably 20 years old but it still works.

Test post.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Test post worked! Thanks Steve.

>"Wear your mask and try to blow out a candle. If you're successful the mask isn't that effective."
    If you were a virus looking out, you wouldn't see the slightest trace of mask fabric because you're only 0.1 - 0.5 microns.

Thanks but that post is over a year old and I've long since given up and gone to WIX.

Do you want to do this for the whole site or just for a specific page on your site?

Quote Originally Posted by mignonneme View Post
    Do you want to do this for the whole site or just for a specific page on your site?
    I believe WordPress experts can help you achieve the desired shade of the page. Ask the experts how to paint the site's background in the colour you want. I think that during a consultation with them, you'll be able to understand what mistake you are making when setting background colour in HTML. In addition, I think the HTML language is simple enough for you to quickly figure out everything after their brief analysis of your site. They'll make a free diagnosis. If you don't figure it out yourself, ask the experts about it.

This is usually the job of website design development. Which is usually done by setting the color name or code(HTML) of your choice.

Thread Information