Computer Will Not Shut Down - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer Will Not Shut Down

Then it would appear the problem is not related to your installed Adobe software. Strange coincidence though. A system restore may sort it out but wait until you get further advice from jdc2000 (or Midknyte) who suggested it.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

It is quite the coincidence. I'll wait and see what he says. Thank you for the help, Fink.

I don't know if your issue is related to the one detailed at he link below, but it may have something to do with the issue:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/window...ing-computers/

I don't get the pop-up mentioned in the article. I only get a pop-up saying 'Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown' when the computer restarts after I try shutting it down. I tried the work around mentioned in the article just in case though, but it didn't work. I was also going to try the more permanent fix mentioned in the article, but it wanted me to run gpedit.msc and my computer can't find it. I'm not sure if that could be related or not. Should I try a system restore, or what do you think my next step should be? It seems there are two similar issues going on with the Adobe software I don't have and then the article you just posted, but neither are my issue.

If you have Windows 7 Home, then gpedit is not available.

If you have a restore point for a date where everything was working, that might be the next thing to try.
    I suspect a Microsoft "update" possibly combined with something else may be causing your issue.

I'm not sure what happened because I had Windows automatic updates turned off, but whatever it was, a system restore did the trick. Thank you for all your help.

Thanks for the update. Good to hear that shutdown is working again.

Thread Information