CDC Driver shows Code 10 - Cannot Start

Thread: CDC Driver shows Code 10 - Cannot Start

CDC Driver shows Code 10 - Cannot Start

I installed the driver for an LG P5046A running Android 7.0 on 3 machines and they all show Code 10 - Cannot Start

How do I solve it.

Thanks - rev

Are you sure that's the right model number? I can only find a Polaroid P5046a.
    https://www.wikihow.com/Check-What-K...Phone-You-Have

Where did you download the drivers from?

You are right, the model is P5046A. I had trouble finding any driver for that model but finally I found one called CDC Driver but I can't remember where from. It's supposed to be the right one and the installation teacher on the youtube video also got Code 10.

I also tried one called universal adb driver but that didn't work. I asked Polaroid they didn't respond. It's an LG phone.

Code 10 is a generic error. Usually, it's a bad or wrong driver. If you didn't find a driver for your specific model, that's probably the issue.

Do you mean this link? Polaroid P5046A CDC Driver for Flashing Firmware Are you trying to flash a new firmware?
    https://androidadbdriver.com/polaroi...a-usb-drivers/

No, no flashing. That particular link also has the normal connect to PC driver but it hasn't mattered what I install, I always get Code 10

I've been out of the computing profession for a long time now but doesn't this have something to do with upper and lower filters in the reg? Something about that sounds familiar.
    Last edited by Reverend; November 12th, 2019 at 12:03 PM.

I plugged the phone in to see if I'd achieved anything and it successfully installed the driver, and it works! Maybe this machine has a prerequisite update and the other two don't.

In case anyone else is looking, the driver that works and stays up goes by the name UniversalAdbDriverSetup6.msi I can't remember where I got it but it works.

Thread Information