Unwanted popups in Google Chrome
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unwanted popups in Google Chrome

Unwanted popups in Google Chrome

I am using Windows 10 version 1809. I also have MalwareBytes installed as well as McAfee Total Protection. Recently I have started to receive unwanted Popups on my screen called Google Chrome weatheronlinenow. It appears to be an extension to google Chrome but I can't find it under the suggestions on how to remove it from Google chrome.

Any help with removing or uninstalling this would be greatly appreciated,

Brian

A scan with Malwarebytes (with the latest update) did not find it?

Is this what you are seeing?

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guide...weather-adware

Unwanted Popups in Google Chrome

Hi jdc2000,
    That is correct and I did one just now to double check. I also tried the optional method in the pcrisk website. If this does not work I will try spyhunter. I assume this is safe to use.

Regards and thanks for the help,
    Brian

Check your list of installed software in Control Panel to see if there is something that looks suspicious or that you do not recognize.

I would not suggest using Spyhunter. If we can't get rid of it by just looking around for the culprit or a simple uninstall of a program then going to our intensive care forum would be a better solution.

I don't believe Spyhunter is a generally recommended program. It's also not free as our solutions would be.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I checked under programs and features and I don't see anything suspicious there.
    Is there an easy way I can shift this post over to the intensive care Forum so I don't need to start all over?

Thanks again,
    Brian

I will move it. Follow the instructions on the top of that forum and post the results below.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...ted-3-21-2015)

Split the log files into more than one post if any of them are too large.

Is FRST64.exe safe? Is that what is referred to as a disclaimer to ignore?

Yes it is safe as are all the programs listed on that scan page. I have used it myself. Just click yes on the disclaimer. It is a standard boilerplate message to protect them from abuse.

Please complete all steps listed here: http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...d-4-28-2013%29

Please, observe following rules:

• Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
    • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
    • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
    • Never run more than one scan at a time.
    • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
    • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
    • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
    • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Unwanted popups in Google chrome

I notice that the popups seem to have stopped and I would like to wait a few days to see if it's permanent and I will advise in less than 5 days. I have managed to add the FRST64.exe file to my desktop but I'm concerned about using it because of the attachment shown below. It appears from JDC2000 answer that there is no problem but I will wait to see if the popups have indeed stopped. I'm also concerned about your caveat that "mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer."

Regards,
    Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Windows Defender is wrong.

I was pretty sure they were wrong and didn't doubt you in any way. Sorry if it came across that way.

Brian

No problem

Hi Bruni,
    I haven't had any popups in the last four days so I'll leave things as they are for now. If they occur again can I still PM you or should I start afresh?

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated,
    Brian

Thread Information