Laptop black screen until I pull out the power plug

Thread: Laptop black screen until I pull out the power plug

Laptop black screen until I pull out the power plug

Got a Dell Latitude E7440 with a SSD. I turn it on and most time it just comes on right to the desktop. Normally the Dell logo comes up and goes away to a black screen and then the Windows 10 circle goes around for 10 seconds and then the next screen comes up and then to the desktop. Sometimes after the Dell logo comes up and goes black it will stay black. I pull the power plug from the back and instantly the computer is at its desktop. I then plug it back in and it's alright.

It's like some power issue is keeping the screen black even though the computer is in desktop mode.

Never seen anything like it. I have went to power settings and made sure that everything is in Never mode, like screen shutting down, hard drive going to sleep, no hibernation, no dimming. Everything is never instead of 10 minutes or so.

So what's up? Let's solve this mystery.
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

I just had an HP laptop do that also. Only did it once though. What version of Windows 10 do you have on that laptop? The 20H2 version is what I have on the HP laptop.

I have all the latest updates all the time. So 20h2. It doesn't do it all the time though. Almost like a short in the powerjack huh not the power adapter.
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

Thread Information