First of all yes I know that this device is old. Well not that old, but I love the heck out of this Dell Mini 1012.

Acouple of years ago I have been having issue with the battery keeping a charge, so I decide to buy a new one, on top of that I decide to also buy a 2gb dimm memory upgrading it up from a 1gb since I was now going to uses the Windows 10 instead of the Windows 7 Starter. Even though the battery holds juice, I been noticing alot of lag or hangups in running programs as simple as web browsing.

I put the baby in the closet till I had enough time to get around to it, and a year later I decide to tackle the issue head on.

So when running CPU-Z it says DDR3 and since it was so long ago I can't remember if I bought that or DDR2. All hardware specs state that the system only supports DDR2. So how can I be running DDR3 or why is CPU-Z saying that? I guess I will have to psychically open it up and read the chip to see for myself. Could it be possible for a DDR3 to run on a Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 Netbook? And if so would this cause it to lag or hang?