Dell Mini 1012, do I have the wrong memory?

Thread: Dell Mini 1012, do I have the wrong memory?

Dell Mini 1012, do I have the wrong memory?

First of all yes I know that this device is old. Well not that old, but I love the heck out of this Dell Mini 1012.

Acouple of years ago I have been having issue with the battery keeping a charge, so I decide to buy a new one, on top of that I decide to also buy a 2gb dimm memory upgrading it up from a 1gb since I was now going to uses the Windows 10 instead of the Windows 7 Starter. Even though the battery holds juice, I been noticing alot of lag or hangups in running programs as simple as web browsing.

I put the baby in the closet till I had enough time to get around to it, and a year later I decide to tackle the issue head on.

So when running CPU-Z it says DDR3 and since it was so long ago I can't remember if I bought that or DDR2. All hardware specs state that the system only supports DDR2. So how can I be running DDR3 or why is CPU-Z saying that? I guess I will have to psychically open it up and read the chip to see for myself. Could it be possible for a DDR3 to run on a Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 Netbook? And if so would this cause it to lag or hang?
    Will update soon

If it is a 1012, it should have DDR2. A 1018 would have DDR3.

Possibly useful link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_Inspiron_Mini_Series

Could it be possible DDR3 work even though it stated DDR2? Or could CPU-Z just be reading it wrong? Either way, I might crack it open tonight and look at the chip myself.... Will try to take photos and post them. I also am thinking about swapping our HD disk for a SSD? Yea or Naw?
    Will update soon

So this is strange, I decided to uses another hardware detection software Speccy from Pitform which also showed DDR3, but I finally pulled the hard drive and memory out of the system. So I am already had a SSD in the system and the memory is a 2GB DDR2 6400 PC2-800Mzh 200 PIN SODIMM
    Will update soon

Thread Information