Printing or Printer Issue

Thread: Printing or Printer Issue

Printing or Printer Issue

Not sure what category this needs to go in or even if anyone can help.

I purchased a HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdw about a month ago.

It came with a starter toner, and yesterday it went out. So I went today an bought new toner and got the right toner 26A black toner.

But when I start on my work and started to 40 page packets the print would happen but continue to print on pages with ASCII, and would not stop. I have to force stop the print by unplugging it.

What could be causing this to happen?

I print PDF files.

I restarted my computer and printer and it keeps happen every time I print a packet. Could the new toner cartridge causing this?
    Will update soon

That sounds like a driver issue. A new toner cartridge should not cause that. I would check to see if there is a driver update.

Note: .pdf files have caused printing issues at various times with various versions of Adobe Reader over the years. What version of Adobe Reader are you using, or are you printing them from a web browser?

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    That sounds like a driver issue. A new toner cartridge should not cause that. I would check to see if there is a driver update.

Note: .pdf files have caused printing issues at various times with various versions of Adobe Reader over the years. What version of Adobe Reader are you using, or are you printing them from a web browser?
    I have been using the DC version of the reader and yes I uses the web browser to print.
    Will update soon

If you are printing a .pdf file that is displayed in a web browser and having issues, try one of the following:

1. Use a different web browser to display and print the .pdf file.

2. Download and save the file to your computer, then open it in Adobe Reader DC and try to print it.

Post back the results. There are still other options available if these do not work. And check that you have the latest printer driver and the latest firmware update for your printer.

If you are printing a .pdf file that is displayed in a web browser and having issues, try one of the following:

1. Use a different web browser to display and print the .pdf file.

2. Download and save the file to your computer, then open it in Adobe Reader DC and try to print it.

Post back the results. There are still other options available if these do not work. And check that you have the latest printer driver and the latest firmware update for your printer.
    I have notice this is now happening on other print jobs other then the PDF's, it now happening to other application such as even a print test via windows print test
    Will update soon

If the printer test page is failing, then you have more serious problems. I would download the latest drivers from HP, uninstall the existing printer drivers, reboot, and re-install the latest drivers. If that fails, you could try to connect the printer to a different computer if you have one. If THAT fails, then it may be warranty time on the printer.

If the printer test page is failing, then you have more serious problems. I would download the latest drivers from HP, uninstall the existing printer drivers, reboot, and re-install the latest drivers. If that fails, you could try to connect the printer to a different computer if you have one. If THAT fails, then it may be warranty time on the printer.
    Houston, we have a problem

So I took upon myself to do a clean wipe of my system and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64bit and start one by one to see who "software" might be cause this problem. So as soon as I installed Windows 10 I installed the printer software and ran my print test, and boom I got the ASCII of death print. I truely believe that the printer has become defective, Next I will directly connect my wife laptop and see if she has the same issue.
    Will update soon

If it does not work on the laptop and is only a month old, then it is "Hello, HP warranty department?" time. Good luck.

I did pay the extra $64 - 2 year replacement... Wow it only took a month and a half. I tried it my wife laptop via USB connection and it too happen with her print out. So it has to be the printer or toner cause this, but I decided to place the old toner cartilage in, and it still happens with the old one.
    Will update soon

I finally got someone from HP Forum to help, but no luck. if you like to see what we have been trying to figure out click on this link.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJ...s/td-p/6642322
    Will update soon

Looks like a known issue. HP warranty should help you out with this.

What I have:

http://www.brother-usa.com/mfc/model...40cdw/overview

Thread Information