My boss has a Samsung 22" SyncMaster 2233BW monitor on his Windows 10 machine. He is currently out of town. Last Friday I backed up his system to our NAS. Nothing was unusual.

Yesterday (Wednesday), I fired up his PC and saw that the screen resolution was no longer at 1600 x 900. In fact, that option was no longer available. 1280 x 960 was the best that was offered.

First thought - Get new, upgraded driver. I searched Samsung's site but couldn't find one. I even called and was told their site no longer offers a driver for this monitor.

Second thought - google. I found a number of sites offering a driver for this monitor like DriverScape and DriverGuide. I also found mention that they tend to install garbage if not malware. I steered clear.

Third thought - Windows update. I looked at the update history and found that a driver update was indeed done last Friday. It's called "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc - Display - 7/25/2017" and was "successfully installed" that Friday.

I'm wondering if (1) could that update have screwed up Samsung's monitor driver and (2) how do I roll back that specific update?

Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Terry