[RESOLVED] Potentially Unwanted Program

Thread: [RESOLVED] Potentially Unwanted Program

Resolved [RESOLVED] Potentially Unwanted Program

Every day I receive the following warning about Potentially Unwanted Programs from Malware Bytes as shown in the attached screen capture. When I try to search for it with IE the path cannot be found. I then proceed to quarantine them and delete them. The next day they come back again. I am unable to get rid of this nor can I locate it on my PC.

Is there a way to find this and get rid of it for good?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Until you start using uBlock origin add on, that will show up . Probably from a ad server.

It is hard to tell what the source might be, since we can't see the full name of the file found. If you expand the width of the Name column (move the vertical bar separator between Name and Object Type to the right), to show the full name, we might be able to tell where it is coming from. Train is most likely correct in figuring it is an ad server - all of those have adware or malware on them, and most web sites use them.

Here is the file name. See screen capture
    Attached Images Attached Images

MalwareBytes sent me an update to my Premium versions to upgrade to version 3.3.1 from version 3.2.2. I have MalwareBytes on my 2 PC’s both running Windows 10. I was able to upgrade the Desktop pretty quickly and got rid of the PUP’s on it. It took a lot of effort to get the upgrade to install on my laptop and I started using the uBlock Origin addon on Chrome. I then ran the Adwcleaner as well as HitmanPro but have had no success in getting rid and deleting the same PUP’s that keep coming up. It has been a frustrating experience for me and I have spent far too much time on this to the point of wanting to get rid of it on the laptop. I have advised Malwarebytes of this as my subscription expires next week.

Brian

If the same unwanted programs keep coming back, you may have more serious malware installed.

What happens if you remove the PUPs, and reboot, and then just leave the computer on for an hour or two with no activity and no other programs running, then re-scan with Malwarebytes? Do the same PUPs show up again? If yes, then you may need to follow the instructions at the link below and post the logs in a thread in the Intensive Care Unit forum for analysis.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...ted-3-21-2015)

Train and jdc200,

MalwareBytes sent me 2 patches for the updated software (the Premium version 3.3.1). After many attempts (I finally had to disable my antivirus software) I was able to install the patches. I also ran adwcleaner again after installing the patches. I’m happy to report that the program is now up and running on my laptop as well.

Thanks to you both for your suggestions and help.

Brian

Good news to see. Thanks for posting back!

Thread Information