Looking For a Western Digital Hard Drive Utilities CD

Thread: Looking For a Western Digital Hard Drive Utilities CD

Looking For a Western Digital Hard Drive Utilities CD

I have a sickly WDC WD1003FZEX-OOK3CA0 hardrive. I am trying to find a bootable cd to run checks on this drive. I can only find a utlilty the runs under windows. My OS is pretty messed up . Can someone help me find an ISO file for a bootable cd standalone Western Digital utility disk. I have been unable to find one. It should be easily available I would have thought.

thanks

UBCD5 has WD diags on it.
    http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...oot-CD-5-Guide

Otherwise, you can download the WD Diags for DOS to create a bootable USB flash drive.
    http://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=2&lang=en

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    I have Western Digital drives and have always used the first one Midknyte suggested. The UBCD, which ever version is newest.

Thanks for the good advice. I did manage to run Seatools and UBCD 5.3.5 that I had lying around and both of them said that there were too many errors and to forget it ! I am running on the pc right now. I don't know how it is running but it has all sorts of issues including damaged dll's etc.

This drive is only 6 months old. Has anyone dealt with a WD warranty claim. I will have to look back and see where I bought this drive from. I have financial information on this drive etc and I really don't want to send it back to persons unknown. What do others do in this situation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Markgc View Post
    Thanks for the good advice. I did manage to run Seatools and UBCD 5.3.5 that I had lying around and both of them said that there were too many errors and to forget it ! I am running on the pc right now. I don't know how it is running but it has all sorts of issues including damaged dll's etc.

This drive is only 6 months old. Has anyone dealt with a WD warranty claim. I will have to look back and see where I bought this drive from. I have financial information on this drive etc and I really don't want to send it back to persons unknown. What do others do in this situation ?
    I've used their warranty on only one drive and was not happy they sent me a refurbished one instead a brand new one. From then on, I just junked em and bought new.

Quote Originally Posted by photolady View Post
    I've used their warranty on only one drive and was not happy they sent me a refurbished one instead a brand new one. From then on, I just junked em and bought new.
    I did the same thing.
    Got so I just bought a new hdd and made darn sure I had 3 backups, with 2 of them being off site at all times.

I had the same experience when my drive went out.
    They did cover the warranty, but I was sent a Refurbished Drive for a replacement.
    I've been using Seagate ever since and so far (knock on wood), I've never had a Seagate go out on me.

I do currently have a 500gb Western Digital Black (7200rpm) - Thin (7mm) Laptop Hard Drive.
    This was my first Western Digital Hard Drive since the 40gb Drives I use to use many years back!

Asus Zenbook Q508UG-212.R7TBL 2-in-1 Laptop
    AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Processor
    8gb DDR4 RAM (Soldered on Motherboard)
    1gb Western Digital Blue NVMe SSD
    NVIDA MX450 (DDR6)
    15.6" 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) Touchscreen
    Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless - AC 7260
    USB 1 x 2.0 - USB 1 x 3.0 - USB-C 1 x 3.1
    Micro SD Card Reader
    Lighted Keyboard
    Webcam/Microphone
    Windows 11 Professional
    MS Office 365 Family
    Logitech Anywhere MX Mouse

Well, I've never had a Seagate drive that didn't die on me. And with only one WD drive, I'll stick to those at SATA only. Because now I use SSD drives for OS/programs.

Back in the 60 GB PATA [ide] days, , A lot of us had problems with hdds, Sure glad those days are gone now.

Remember having to low level format hard drives 2 or 3 times in a row to get the darn things to work right.

Even had to post that information a few times.

SSD for C\ drive is the way I go now.

I agree that running an SSD Drive for C:\ is the best option.
    My Acer Laptop is set up with a Crucial 256gb mSATA SSD Drive for the Operating System and Office Package
    then the 500gb Western Digital Black (7200rpm) - Thin (7mm) Laptop Hard Drive for Storage.

Asus Zenbook Q508UG-212.R7TBL 2-in-1 Laptop
    AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Processor
    8gb DDR4 RAM (Soldered on Motherboard)
    1gb Western Digital Blue NVMe SSD
    NVIDA MX450 (DDR6)
    15.6" 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) Touchscreen
    Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless - AC 7260
    USB 1 x 2.0 - USB 1 x 3.0 - USB-C 1 x 3.1
    Micro SD Card Reader
    Lighted Keyboard
    Webcam/Microphone
    Windows 11 Professional