DEstructive Virus: reformat options

Thread: DEstructive Virus: reformat options

Threaded View

DEstructive Virus: reformat options

I use Win 7 Home Pro 64 (with SP1 dld later), Gigabyte Mobo, 8gigs RAM etc

Much of the past week has been full of virus trouble. I have Zonealarm and it's done well for me, but not this time. Yesterday something sneaked in through Chrome and really shut me down. I couldn't boot, I was stuck in an endless circle of "repair your computer", restart, and again. So I thought to reformat. But I know that I must uninstall the SP1 before I could do that. Impossible. I tried anyway. After a couple of attempts I got a reformat. I was upset, not making smart decisions, but I got my machine running, fast and sweet.

Here's the odd stuff. It looks like my OS is spread into two drives, with most of it on D drive. I have two internal drives, C and D.
    In my C disk I got much of the old desktop folders. I had 500 gb of data. Still there, photos, everything. The drive wasn't wiped clean. It looks like the OS is on D. I'll upload files of both drives. Right now I'm doing 159 Windows Updates. Should I leave it be? It runs. A couple of times when I restarted I got a "Chose OS" sowing two Win 7 options. Hmmm.

If I must I can now uninstall SP! and start from scratch. but i was up all night installing my apps, etc.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information