[RESOLVED] Lock in default startup picture

Thread: [RESOLVED] Lock in default startup picture

Resolved [RESOLVED] Lock in default startup picture

When I upgraded to Win 10, from Windows 7, the system opened with a picture taken from inside a cave showing monoliths on the shore. I don't recall making any settiings to get that photo. I like it.
    Recently when helping a friend upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, we are unable to get that to lock-in at the same photo. I've tried following setup procedure from a Windows 10 book, he purchased, but can't seem to have it show on the next startup. Also, a problem having his name appear when the system first opens with "Hello".

Would appreciate any input.

You like the view from the seacave at Hug Point State Park too.
    This should help you.
    http://www.cnet.com/how-to/change-th...a-solid-color/

Thanks, Train, I'll copy and give it a try when I go to friends house. I'll let you know how it makes out.

You are welcome!

Worked like a charm, also got his name to replace "user". BTW, you seem to know cave - is it located in Oregon or Washington state? Why I ask, several years ago, taking a class in oil painting, I saw a calendar photo labeled "The monoliths of Oregon". I had visited both states, but unfortunately never got to travel their coast line. Thanks, again.

Yes, it is a state park on US 101 near Arch Cape , Oregon. I believe that is where it is located.

But all the rocks you see out in the ocean, the lava came from the Craters of the Moon volcano in Idaho.

I recommend driving US 101 from LA to Olympia, WA and take your time doing it.
    Stationed at Ft Devons, I was glad to leave that tax state too.

Thread Information