I need to instll Win7x64 to a new hard drive of a computer as the old HD failed. Installation of Windows and the drivers from Intel (motherboard DH55T) are successful. I then installed Windows updates and restart computer several times. I then installed Norton Internet Security, LG Burning Tool (come with DVD-RW), a Canon printer driver, all good. I have an old HP Laserjet 4P, driver of which is in Win updates. I then noticed the updates are actually fully completed as the Win7 SP1 is not yet seen in computer properties. I then did the update again, SP1 was installed.

I then keep on running the "Check Updates" but it takes veryyyy long time without giving me a list of outstanding updates. I then down and run the MS Readiness tool, same result, just rolling and rolling. I check update history and found the followings:

The Win7 SP1 was installed failed once, then success in next attempt. 4 Intel updates (Management Engine Component, Audio driver, forget another one), 2 are optional and 2 and recommended failed. Since the updates can't be proceeded further, the IE is still ver 8. I am thinking the the failure of SP1 once may be the source of the problem. Can I uninstall it thro the Program and Features? Will this hurt? Thanks for the advises.