Missing my D drive

Thread: Missing my D drive

Missing my D drive

I've done some foolish things the last couple of days. My goal has been to stabilize my computer and stop its frequent crashes. I thought to reformat..then attempted a non-boot Win 7 Home Pro install. That didn't work. Then I used Acronis True Image to attempt to restore an earlier backup. I canceled the restore; something didn't look right. My disc letters didn't make sense. So today I did a Repair from bootup with the Win 7 disc. Everything turned out fine except that I just noticed that my second storage disc is missing. I have C and D inside the case, SATA. I have two more external USB drives. The computer's running well. I can see the disc in Device Manager. When I go to Disc Management I get the attached graphic. I hope you can see it. Any ideas? The missing disc is a Hitachi and has 255 gigs assigned as Acronis Secure Zone.

Again, Thanks!

Art
    Win 7 Home Pro
    i5 CPU
    8 gigs RAM
    Gigabyte MOBOshot-of-disk-mgmt.jpgshot-of-disk-mgmt.jpg
    Art
    www.artsdigitalphoto.com

Next time, you should disconnect any drives that you are not using for the restore. That would prevent you from restoring to the wrong drive.

It looks like you somehow managed to set the Hitachi as your Secure Zone drive. That is basically a recovery partition. If that's not what you want, you'll have to delete the partition and create a new one.

You''re right. That's what I"ve done. And my version of Acronis is from 2011 and it doesn't really function any more. I was able to delete the partition. Now I have an unallocated disc and wonder if I can get it recognized through my Windows Disc Management. I'm not making any wild guesses (I know, too late!) and I had no important data on the disc.
    Still, I'd like to have it.
    Art
    www.artsdigitalphoto.com

You should be able to create a new partition from the unallocated space.
    http://www.7tutorials.com/how-manage...gement-utility

Thread Information