.dll files downloads from the Internet

Thread: .dll files downloads from the Internet

.dll files downloads from the Internet

Is there a place to get .dll files from the Net if I am having a missing or corrupted .dll file? The reason that I ask is that I had a Skype .dll file message and the program would not open. I followed a Skype forum about the message and it took me to this website:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/48...cyj2/dxva2.dll

I downloaded the .dll and put it into my System32 folder and it fixed my Skype. I was taking a chance on getting this .dll from this site though.

So looking for a safe place to find .dlls if it ever happens again.
    Last edited by jonnyb; June 16th, 2015 at 05:04 PM.
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

Mediafire is just a public cloud storage site so whatever anyone uploads goes there and stays there for anyone to download. You need to consider the source of the download eg some legit helper on an established software forum or a guy on some green colored Russian based forum you've never seen before saying this is ok, try it.

The first is probably ok the second is don't touch it. However under any circumstance I'd multiscan it here to be double safe.. https://www.virustotal.com/

I'm not aware of other sites that exclusively offer .dll or any other type of file downloads though. There used to be some but most have disappeared or now also include adware with the download.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

The safest place to find .dll files these days is likely to be a backup of the installer you used originally, or a backup of your file system from the most recent date when everything was working, especially if, like Microsoft amd Adobe, the application receives periodic updates that include updated .dll files.

Thanks
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

Thread Information