Excel 2013 hyperlinks stop working

Thread: Excel 2013 hyperlinks stop working

Excel 2013 hyperlinks stop working

Hi,

I have an excel file that was created on excel 2003. I now have it on excel 2013 on windows 8. I have a bunch of hyperlinks in the spreadsheet that just go dead randomly. When they do, clicking on them results in a pop up that reads "cannot open the specified file". I have to right click on the link, then edit the hyperlink and recreate it to get it working. This is happening periodically to different links in this spreadsheet. When i hover the mouse pointer over the hyperlink, the location of the file shows is being in directory under appdata. However when i select edit hyperlink, it shows the actual full path to the file in my documents. Could this mismatch be causing my hyperlinks to go dead randomly? Or is this happening because the spreadsheet was originally created in excel 2003 and now excel 2013 isn't managing it properly. Is there some excel spreadsheet repair tool i can run to fic this ongoing issue? I've had it since i installed office 2013.

Thanks!

Your mismatch on the location of the file the hyperlink points to could be the cause or your issue. Does Excel ever ask you to "update hyperlinks"? This should never be done unless you have actually moved the files.
    Other possibly useful links:

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#h...s+stop+working

Thread Information