Can All In Ones be custom built?

Thread: Can All In Ones be custom built?

Can All In Ones be custom built?

I'm in the market (by the end of year) for an all in one computer. I know desktops can be custom built, because years ago I used to have them built for personal home use.
    But can all-in ones be custom built?
    I'm not finding what I want with shelf brand computers. (Dell, HP, Lenovo)
    They all have big screens, and I only want one that's about 15-17" monitor.
    I don't want one with 1TB HD, but 500g. I don't even use 100Gig space on my desk top (87.3 used; 827 gig free), so I could probably do with about 300 Gig.
    I will probably put Win10 O/S on the computer.

Thanks all.

I have never seen one. They are basically laptops that don't lap because they have small laptop components crammed inside the slightly hollow monitor. (and I've never seen a home built laptop either )

In fact they are so user unfriendly that you can't even upgrade them let alone build them.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

You would be much better off building your own, or having a shop build you a small form factor PC. You can use a small case, Micro-ATX or other small motherboard, plus whatever other components you want, then add a small monitor. Note that the price difference between a 1 TB hard drive and a 500 GB drive won't be much, and it is always better to have more available space.

Want small, i suggest about a 240 GB SSD.

Anything is possible with the correct skills but just because you can doesn't mean that you should. A micro ATX would be a far better idea.
    i7 5930K @4.6ghz, Asus X99 Deluxe, 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 2400, XFX R9 290X, Samsung 850 Pro 256gb, 4 Seagate 7200 rpm 2tb, Seasonic X1250, Corsair H105, Asus Xonar Essence STX, LiteOn iHBS212, Plextor 890SA, Corsair 500R, Win 10 Enterprise 64.

There are no industry standards in place for any all-one-one.

If focused on space, consider mini-ITX build. Note, those builds have a price premium.
    Cheers.

Thread Information