[RESOLVED] Granting Software Access To Standard Account Users

Thread: [RESOLVED] Granting Software Access To Standard Account Users

Resolved [RESOLVED] Granting Software Access To Standard Account Users

Hi,

Thanks to Broni for help in the Family Computer Cleanup. There were two viruses found as well as 350+ other PUPs and assorted mayhem removed from their machine.

To help avoid further malware infecting their machine, the Mrs. was assigned as Administator, and her son, and their not-so-computer-literate bro' in law were given Standard Accounts.

The bro' in law cannot access games that should be part of the normal Microsoft install, such as Spider Solitaire. I'm not sure if the games are not installed for him, or if they require Admin access while using them.

Assuming that the Microsoft Games are installed for Patti, the Administrator on that machine, how would I make the games available for the Standard Account users?

Also, other games may be denied because they might have to save settings or other info on the machine, and the Standard user doesn't have write privileges. Please advise, how are privileges granted to Standard Account users on Win 7 Pro? (Dell Optiplex GX620 USFF)

Thanks for your assistance!

-Peter

Thanks for the links, jdc2000. I've used that info and tested it on my Win7 machine.

I haven't had a chance to change anything on that Family Machine yet. It's a bit complicated to explain to them over the phone, and Doug has not brought their machine back in for adjustment. I guess their bro' in law isn't bothering them at the moment. I'll probably hear from them the next time he visits ... maybe Christmas?

Thread Information