Links no longer clickable in Windows Live Mail

Thread: Links no longer clickable in Windows Live Mail

Links no longer clickable in Windows Live Mail

I had a "therapeutic session" with Broni over the ICU section and although my computer is considered clean, i am recently experiencing an odd problem and i thought it might have been related to some of the cleaning process but Broni directed me to post in here instead.

I noticed, recently that i can no longer click on a link in an email (i am using Windows Live Mail) to access anything. Clicking on the link does nothing. I have to right-click the link, copy the shortcut and paste into a browser.
    Any idea what would be going on? I only noticed that since the cleaning.

Thanks

Cassel--
    Is WLM the default email program? Control Panel|Default Programs|Set Associations Associate a File type or a Protocol with a Program|scroll down to Mail To under Protocols.

Click the blue envelope at the top left|Options|Mail |on the Send tab is Mail Sending format HTML?

Depending on how "recently" this is try a System Restore to a time before this started.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Yes, it is my default email program.
    Yes, it is set to send HTML (although it is the received emails that have the links i cannot click on)
    This "recently" is just after i had the computer cleaned with Broni's help, last week (on the 26th) and there was a Critical Window update on the 28th. Not sure if that update might have caused it?

Cassel----
    What happens if you hold down Control and then click the link?

I do not know what Critical update you got on October 28. I have had none since October 15. (MS does not seem to call them Critical anymore. It's either Recommended, Optional or Important for my PC. But I cannot believe the name causes your problem. )

Try the System Restore that was created when you installed that Update. A Restore Point is created as part of the Update process.

I presume you have selected a default browser.
    Last edited by Welshjim; November 2nd, 2014 at 07:50 PM.
    Jim

If i hold the Ctrl key while clicking, i get the turning circle and nothing else. No page opens.
    As far as updates, here are 3 last week and there was one just yesterday too.

I am trying to show you a screenshot but it does not seem to want to load.

Currently in the process of doing a restore point, however, so far, i get a message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "CNW-plugin_Setup.msi" in the box below.
    I dont know where to find it.
    How do i search for it?
    Last edited by Cassel; November 2nd, 2014 at 08:47 PM.

Cassel----
    If needed you can try a Repair of WLM. Control Panel|Programs and Features|scroll to Windows Live Essentials|Highlight|click Uninstall|Change. You will be offered the option of Repair.

But if other programs (e.g. Any Meeting) are causing problems you may want to consider a Repair Install.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...r-install.html
    It should not affect personal data or installed programs, but a backup first is always a good idea.
    Jim

Just after it said it could not find the specific file, i clicked on Cancel, and then it proceeded to the restore point, and now, the WLM is working correctly.

Now to address the other issue of the Key, for installing that AnyMeeting app (on the other thread).

Thread Information