This is driving me crazy. I'm hoping someone here can help me out. Here's the current configuration:

Windows 7 PC
4 GB RAM
MDT 2012
Windows AIK
Windows ADK for 8.1

I've created a vm for the reference image and have the .wim file ready to go. The task has been created and I can boot to the deployment screen. I make all my selections and the installation works fine. Once it does it's first reboot, however, after a few minutes of finding and installing devices it errors out.

The first error is "Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file [C:\windows\Panther\unattend.xml] for pass [specialize]. A component or setting specified in the answer file does not exist."

I click OK on the window that popped up and the computer reboots, then I get another window that says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

I've looked through the unattend.xml and I can't see where it's getting hung up. I looked in the logs and can't see it there, either.

Help?