[Inactive] Blank Pages Appearing on Homepage 1 HKLM & 1 Other File Won't Stay Deleted

Thread: [Inactive] Blank Pages Appearing on Homepage 1 HKLM & 1 Other File Won't Stay Deleted

[Inactive] Blank Pages Appearing on Homepage 1 HKLM & 1 Other File Won't Stay Deleted

I often find a blank page on my homepage after I step away from the pc and return that shows an url address of "static.myleadsolution". I'm not leaving the full address here. I believe what's happening is that a PUP exists from a previous infection back in December and the PUP isn't fully deleted.

The second problem is this. AdwCleaner scans keep showing the following file in the Registry as deleted: HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{1AA60054-57D9-4F99-9A55-D0FBFBE7ECD3} The same scan will also show this file in Firefox as deleted: C:\Users|Carol\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\knmvpi6c.default\prefs.js ] This happens with each scan. I'm thinking these are reinstalling somehow, but where's the hiding place so they can be fully deleted? After the December problem I'm running AdwareCleaner, JRT, and Malwarebytes several times a week, along with daily Norton NIS scans and use CCleaner. Thanks once again for your help.
    Last edited by summertime; January 27th, 2014 at 07:32 PM.

C:\Users|Carol\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\knmvpi6c.default\prefs.js ]
    Yes, that is rebuilt each time you open FF. Normal.

Follow the instructions at
    http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...d-4-28-2013%29
    and post the logs in this thread.

Thread Information