Possible malware issue with Kindle Fire

Thread: Possible malware issue with Kindle Fire

Possible malware issue with Kindle Fire

I know someone who has a Kindle Fire. Recently it has started popping up a web site called droidresearchapp.info at various random times while being used, without being asked to do so. You do not need to be using the web browser for this to happen. This appears to be some unwanted software setting or malware of some type, but I have not been able to find out anything on what might be caising it or whoe to stop it from happening. Any information on how to stop this behavior would be appreciated. Thanks.

You might try a reboot ("hard reset") first. Hold the power button for 30 seconds and allow the KF to shut down. Then briefly push the power button again to boot the device.

If that doesn't work, try a factory reset. ( Gear > More > Device > Reset ... where the 'gear' is in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It takes you into settings). Then once you re-register the KF, your personal items will still be there in the cloud.

All indications that I have seen so far indicate that even a factory reset won't fix the issue, at least it hasn't for others, as the problem is due to either a saved setting or file somewhere. It might work if the settings were added back first (without the files or apps, if possible), and then every 2 days or so add back another file or app, watching closely to see when the issue reappears to identify the culprit. I was hoping that someone would have already identified the cause of the issue by now however, since it seems to have around quite a while.

I'd simply try rebooting first and then a factory reset if necessary next.

You could try Avast Mobile Security or 360 Mobile Security. They are both free, but I'm not sure if they will install on a KF or not.
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...security-apps/

Thread Information