How to suppress Tab Bar in Firefox

Thread: How to suppress Tab Bar in Firefox

How to suppress Tab Bar in Firefox

There used to be an option to not show the tab bar in FF under Tools Options Tabs, however this option is now gone and hence there is no way to suppress the tab bar that shows open tabs just above the address line. I find this most annoying since it takes space on the screen and I don't really need the tab. I wonder if someone has found a workaround this problem. I've google for solutions but without success.s

Using Firefox 22, Windows XP SP3, DSL, Immunet
    XP home SP3, 2 GB Ram, Athlon 2.0, 80GBHD, Immunet, SuperAntiSpyware, Firefox 23

http://www.howtogeek.com/93963/hide-...hortcut-combo/

Of course you could always hide a single tab ( not multiple tabs ) by tools - options - tabs - Untick - Always show the tab bar

Thank you for your reply, but as I said, FF no longer has the option "always show the tab bar", so I cannot untick it.
    XP home SP3, 2 GB Ram, Athlon 2.0, 80GBHD, Immunet, SuperAntiSpyware, Firefox 23

Did you actually look at the links I posted? You didn't clarify if you meant "Tabs on Top" or not.

You can also install the Tab Mix Plus extension. That adds "Hide the tab bar:" to the Tools - Options - Tabs tab

So sorry, I was trying out changing the line mentioned by support mozilla. The Tabs are on top of the address bar but I don't mean overwriting it. By the way changing the line in about:config as suggested by mozilla, only moves the tabs to below the address bar but they are still there. I like the tabs to just show at the bottom of the screen in the taskbar. I will try this Tab Mix Plus extension you mentioned, not sure where to find that. Sorry if I appear so ignorant, just keep an open mind.

Eureka! Midknyte. I managed to install the extension you mentioned and presto! a few new options now show in Tools-Options-Tabs and one of them is the one I needed to not show the tab bar. Thank you very much my friend for your kind help and your time.

Like most addons, you just go to the Mozilla Addons Page:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../tab-mix-plus/

By the way changing the line in about:config as suggested by mozilla, only moves the tabs to below the address bar but they are still there
    Yes, that's what it is supposed to do. You stated that you didn't like having the tabs on top, but...

I like the tabs to just show at the bottom of the screen in the taskbar.
    It sounds like you want to completely disable tabs. The Taskbar is part of Windows, not Firefox. You're basically saying that you want to open each page in a new Window, not a new tab.

Thread Information