Need a good EXE building software with similar abilites as Flash

Thread: Need a good EXE building software with similar abilites as Flash

Need a good EXE building software with similar abilites as Flash

I've been building exe files using Flash for several years now and I've been really pleased with the animation, video and graphics capabilities of Flash. But, Flash is becoming less and less supported on Apple and other devices and I'd like to find a new EXE builder that would have similar abilities, but made for creating PC and Mac programs.

The programs don't have to install any software, it will be run directly off of a CD. I do need the ability to launch PDF files, websites, email programs (with the "To" address already filled out) and be able to play back videos inside the program.

Thanks.

Adobe's HTML5 replacement is Adobe Edge. I don't know whether it will create .exe files or not though.

Hey jdc2000, thanks for the response. Sorry I'm just now replying. I'm actually still in search of a program to do this. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks.

Adobe's PhoneGap? It's part of their Adobe Edge suite of web development tools.

Hey SpywareDr,

Thanks for the suggestion, but it sounds like PhoneGap is more for mobile. I'm looking for software to create executable files that run off of a CD/DVD in Windows and Mac.

Wikipedia: Comparision of HTML5 and Flash
    HTML5 is often cited as an alternative to Adobe Flash technology usage on web pages.
    Tools for HTML5 are just starting to come to market; in the meantime, Adobe has released a first version of a Flash-to-HTML5 conversion tool for existing content[51] and are working on creating new tooling for HTML5 as well, like Adobe Edge.[52]

Because HTML5 is an open format, tools like those for Flash can be built for it, too. Applications like Hype[53] and Adobe Edge are already on the market.
    http://tumult.com/hype/

Wikipedia: Adobe Edge Animate
    Adobe Edge Animate, formerly known as simply Adobe Edge,[1] is a web development tool developed by Adobe Systems that tries to use HTML5, Javascript, and CSS3 functionality. It is now a part of Adobe Edge suite, and is available as a free 30 day trial download from Adobe Creative Cloud.[2][3]

Description

On August 1, 2011, Adobe announced the development of Edge as a new multimedia authoring tool to succeed the Flash platform for browser-delivered content, and released a preview version of the software. Edge builds applications based on a foundation of HTML5, Javascript, jQuery and CSS3. These applications are compatible with HTML5-compatible browsers.

Still doesn't sound like what I'm looking for. I don't want something to do browser-based functions. I want the user to be able to pop in a CD or DVD into their computer and a program launch in its own window and is interactive, has animation, can do things like launch PDF files, email clients, etc.

Thread Information