Firefox 17.0.1 and cache

Thread: Firefox 17.0.1 and cache

Question Firefox 17.0.1 and cache

I have Firefox 17.0.1 on Windows XP (SP3), on my EEE PC netbook.

My 1st problem is that I can't find the Cache folder. I can find it, if I type about:cache, and copy-paste, like that, but going through "My Computer," and otherwise manually navigating to it, I have problems. Why is this?

I've seen several pages (and videos) talking about finding YouTube videos, particularly in the Cache. Does Firefox's cache store Face Book videos, and if so, what file extension, and how can I find and view the videos?

Firefox doesn't cache videos on disk. The Flash player that plays the videos is in the cache, but the videos are streamed and not saved. They may be kept in the memory cache during the play.
    P/S: There are many Firefox plugins available to save flash video.

My 1st problem is that I can't find the Cache folder. I can find it, if I type about:cache, and copy-paste, like that, but going through "My Computer," and otherwise manually navigating to it, I have problems. Why is this?
    What do you mean by "problem"? Did you make sure to show hidden files and folders?

Why are you still on 17.0.1? The current release version is 18.0.2.

Videos are usually in memory cache, not offline cache. If you want to download videos, try an extension like Video Download Helper.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ownloadhelper/

Oy. Train replied while I was typing.

Thread Information