Total shutdown

Thread: Total shutdown

Total shutdown

Hi there,

I have a refurbished Dell Optiplex 745 that I put my old HDD (from a Dimension C521 running XP Home, sp2)) into, and managed to get it booting and operating. On the old computer, everything was sweet.

I have hibernate set up, screen saver to come on after 5 minutes, monitor to go off after 15 mins, and enter hibernate after 25 mins if there is no user input.

What actually happens is that after about 5 mins. there is a total power shutdown and I have to reboot when I return. I have looked into the BIOS and can see nothing that would affect this and as I say above, the Power Settings are only set to Hibernate after 25 mins. What else could be causing this to happen and where do I look to prevent it?

Thanks

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

My experience of hibernation is that it has only ever worked properly on a handful of computers that I have been acquainted with over the years I learned long ago that if it won't work properly on a particular PC, then the effort expended in trying to get it to work right is not worth it. I now take the attitude that if sleep/hibernation work OK then that's great, and if not then I don't bother using it.
    Nick.

Thread Information