Lost Cut & Paste Function

Thread: Lost Cut & Paste Function

Lost Cut & Paste Function

I tried to copy from a web site into Word and found that the Paste function is greyed out. The problem isn't just with Word as I tried to copy and paste in this desctription and Paste still doesn't work. I have Windows 7. Can anyone help me get the Copy and Paste function back please?

Is this with one particular site? If so, it may well be that they have blocked copying from that site.
    Nick.

I can't copy/cut and paste anything from anywhere to anywhere - including Microsoft Office where the paste is greyed out. Any help would be appreciated.

OK, first of all give it a scan with this, to make sure it isn't being caused by a nasty:

Malwarebytes
    Nick.

cws666--If Paste is greyed out, it usually means nothing was Copied. How are you trying to Copy?
    Is this something new? If so try a System Restore from a date before this behavior started.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I copy using the Right Mouse Click and click on Copy. I paste using either Ctrl V or, by right mouse click and then copy. I am succesully copying and if I access the MS Office clipboard I can usually paste from there, but this isn't always ideal as I am unable to paste anywhere else e.g. iTunes WordPad or this text description.

I have looked at IE tools and checked that Copy and Paste is enabled and I have also been into the registry and ensured that REG_DWORD (32 BIT systems) and REG_QWORD (64 bit systems) are enabled as I am told they have something to do with pasting. I have done numerous scans (including with your suggestion Malwarebytes) and have found nothing wrong. Have you, or anyone else, have any other ideas please?

Thanks

Now that you can be sure the computer is clean, I think that this might be an occasion where using System Restore to roll back to a point before the problems started would be well worth a try.
    Nick.

What are you trying to paste into "this text description"? (Attempting to paste an image directly into a message here will NOT work).

What are you trying to paste into iTunes?

What are you trying to paste into Wordpad?

Lost Paste Function

I was just trying to see if paste would work anywhere. I iTunes I was attempting to copy an artis name from one field to another. I this description box I was re-arranging text (not pictures). Again, in WordPad it typed text and then attempted to cut and then paste it again without success. In almost all cases Paste is greyed out and I can't paste anything anywhere, and when paste isn't greyed out paste still doesn't work (neither does CTRL V).

I don't have any restore dates earlier than the end of January - and I've already restored that one without success.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by cws666; February 9th, 2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: to add more info

Don't know if you found http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/re-...-t2287121.html already.
    GetOpenClipboardWindow should determine the Process that's causing the problem.

Thread Information