Connectivity problem after W7 update

Thread: Connectivity problem after W7 update

Connectivity problem after W7 update

Hi there,
    I have several devices working successfully on a wireless network at home. They include computers, iPads, phones, a Wii system etc, so they are running various OS's such as Windows 7, Windows Phone 7.5, OS10, iOS etc.
    I pulled out a W7 notebook we got a while back and I am having difficulty getting it onto the network both wirelessly and hard connected following a Windows 7 update. I The wireless adapter sees my network with "excellent signal strength" but won't connect. I have tried running the trouble shooting utility, disabling and re-enabling the wireless adapter, running system restore and uninstalling a specific update that another forum suggested may be causing the issue.
    Currently I have zero connectivity with this particular computer. The ethernet connection does not work - the error message is "cable is not plugged in". I will try another ethernet cable. And I still can't connect wirelessly. The computer sees the network but just won't connect. Thanks for any help.
    K
    HP Pavilion DV2610 - AMD Turion 1.9GHz, 2Gb RAM
    Vista Home Premium

.... I'll answer my own question. I reset my firewall settings back to defaults and that seems to have corrected the problem. This, following system restores etc. We'll see what happens once Windows 7 is fully updated again...
    K
    HP Pavilion DV2610 - AMD Turion 1.9GHz, 2Gb RAM
    Vista Home Premium

Thread Information