Blue Screen

Thread: Blue Screen

Blue Screen

This has been an ongoing problem that just got worse or hit bottom.

I have been receiving the BSOD, rebooting and ignoring it because there was no time to stop and take care of what seemed inevitable.

I believe that the problem has been and is my mother board (I just have a bad hunch since replacing it). I live in virtually a country (Belgium) that doesnt' give a damn when it comes to computer IT work and when they do you can expect a simple problem to take weeks (3 weeks to replace a Graphics Card). Thereby I have literally learned to do much of this myself out of necessity and survival.

The technical message on the BSOD I'm receiving is:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00000000001904FB, 0XFFFFF8800359Q358, 0xFFFFF88003599BB0, 0xFFFFF8899S131BC5F)

*** Ntfs.sys - Address FFFFF8800131BC5F base at FFFFF8800S1256000, Datestamp 4ce792f9

The crashes usually took place if I opened more than a few items, apps, external hard-drives, printer simultaneously.

Now the crash occurs at start up.

I had this same BSOD problem/symptoms about a year ago. This is why I have the ASUS Mboard installed.

After a two-month wait I asked them to replace the newly installed mother board from the superior "Gigabyte" back to the ASUS model. These techs later admitted that they weren't familiar about working with tech aspects of Gigabyte Mboards.

The Graphics card is perhaps the oldest (3 yrs) of all my components.

Any help or advise would be great and very insightful.
    Cheers
    Windows7 Ultimate x64 6.1.7600 build 7600
    PROCESSOR LEVEL: Intel i5 661@3.33GHz
    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P7P55-M
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc 0312, 13.11.09
    RAM: 6Gb DDR3
    GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR: EVGA/NVIDIA e-GeForce 6200LE 128Mb DDR
    HDDs: C: 350Gb-SATA; D: 2TB-SATA; E: 750Gb-SATA
    MONITOR: HP x23LED
    DVD/CD: Plextor PX750A

The STOP: 0x00000024 error message is like a "key code" to the solution. Google it and read through the hits.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

I think you need to run the hard drive maker's diagnostic utility on that hard drive. Download this and burn it to CD, it has all the hard drive diagnostic utilities plus many more besides. You don't need to boot into Windows to run them, just boot up with the CD in the drive, select the utility that you want and it will run:

Ultimate Boot CD

If you aren't sure of the make of drive that is installed use the Seagate Seatools as it will work with any make of drive. You may find these instructions helpful for burning the UBCD .iso file to disc:

How can I write (burn) ISO files to CD or DVD?
    Nick.

Thread Information