signature problems in outlook 2007

Thread: signature problems in outlook 2007

signature problems in outlook 2007

hi,

i'm running outlook 2007 on XP pro and am having trouble with setting a signature. i have two email accounts configured in outlook and have already created a signature. i want this sig to automatically attach to the account that is not the default account. unfortunately it seems to always tie to the default account, not the extra one. when i created the sig, i selected the non default account for it but it seems to just want to attach to the default and not the extra one as i need it.

i'm sure this one is simple, any pointers would be great.

tia,
    dave

hi jdc2000,

thanks for the links, i've reviewed them and still need to know if i can automatically tie a particular signature to a specific email account. when i go to the signature section in outlook, i compose the sig, then select the non default email account, then click save. however, when i go to compose an email, the sig is there tied to the default account. when i use the account button to select the non default account as the sender, the sig disappears.

i've read many postings and others have this question with no clear answer available from what i can see. i've even created a blank dummy sig to be tied to the default account but no matter what i do, the sig i want associated with the non default account automatically associates to the default account which means i have to manually select the correct sig for the non default account each time i send an email. i'd love to have it be automatic but am looking for how to do so, or if it is not possible.

thanks,
    dave

Try deleting both signatures, then create a new blank one for the default account, then create the one you want for the other acount.

hi,

i deleted both sigs, then created the blank one for the default account, then the other sig for the non default account. the default account does get the blank sig but the other account still does not have a sig attached to it so you have to manually select the sig each time.

it seems that it is not possible to automatically tie a sig to any other account than the default. this seems like a major flaw in MS's implementation of sigs.

any thoughts?

thanks,
    dave

Typical Microsoft non-functionality. The process should work, it just doesn't in some cases.

hi jdc2000,

thats what i figured, i'm going to change the default account to work around the MS bug.

thanks for your help,
    dave

Thread Information