USB 2.0

Thread: USB 2.0

USB 2.0

I got a bubble message that popped up and it said that if I use USB 2.0, it would be faster. I am sure that I am using USB 2.0 as well as USB 3.0. How would I detect which hardware is not using it?
    Originally wanted Millenium Falcon as nick but there is character limitation.
    Falcon Speed = Millenium Falcon = Light Speed

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Remove the device and try again and/or restart the computer. You could also try cleaning the ports, blow the dust out of them. This happens to me sometimes when I plug in my memory card reader but I know I have USB2.0 ports on my motherboard.

It is quite possibly caused by a USB cable not properly plugged in - I used to get that message a lot. There is no way of telling which device it is though, you just have to go around and try everything.
    Nick.

That's a pretty common occurence as the others have said. In the past, I have used a special computing technique that was passed down to me by my mentors many. many years ago....it is called "Ignore It". I have found that when using this technique, all the devices seemed to work OK despite the error message...and it often would go away after a few reboots.
    Desktop: Intel i7 960 CPU @ 4.0GHz, EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI mobo, 12GB Corsair Dominator-GT 2000 DDR3 RAM, Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB Solid State Drive, Two WD 2TB SATA drives, 2x EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked graphics cards in SLI, Coolermaster HAF X full tower case, OCZ ZX 1250w PSU, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
    Laptop: MSI GT60-004US, 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB SSD Hybrid drives in RAID 0, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, GeForce 670M 3GB graphics card, Networks 'Killer' N-1103 WLAN card

Quote Originally Posted by bistro View Post
    That's a pretty common occurence as the others have said. In the past, I have used a special computing technique that was passed down to me by my mentors many. many years ago....it is called "Ignore It". I have found that when using this technique, all the devices seemed to work OK despite the error message...and it often would go away after a few reboots.
    That's the sort of attitude that will get you hauled up before the UberGeek Licensing Committee Surely it's far better to reinstall Windows 3 or 4 times and strip down and reassemble the PC hardware each time something like this occurs? It's a wonder you haven't been chased off Intel mountain by an angry mob
    Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSparks View Post
    Surely it's far better to reinstall Windows 3 or 4 times and strip down and reassemble the PC hardware each time something like this occurs?
    Yeah....I used to do that every time, but then I started to get a Windows error message pop up that said "Will you PLEASE make up your fool mind??!??"....
    Desktop: Intel i7 960 CPU @ 4.0GHz, EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI mobo, 12GB Corsair Dominator-GT 2000 DDR3 RAM, Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB Solid State Drive, Two WD 2TB SATA drives, 2x EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked graphics cards in SLI, Coolermaster HAF X full tower case, OCZ ZX 1250w PSU, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
    Laptop: MSI GT60-004US, 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB SSD Hybrid drives in RAID 0, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, GeForce 670M 3GB graphics card, Networks 'Killer' N-1103 WLAN card

You are funny Bistro.
    Originally wanted Millenium Falcon as nick but there is character limitation.
    Falcon Speed = Millenium Falcon = Light Speed

Thread Information