[RESOLVED] Lost changes to Excel email attachment

Thread: [RESOLVED] Lost changes to Excel email attachment

Resolved [RESOLVED] Lost changes to Excel email attachment

Am using Excel 2007. I was updating a spreadsheet that was an attachment to an email in my Sent folder in MS outlook 2007. I was saving as I went along,& when I closed the spreadsheet, thinking it would change the attachment on the email, however the changes haven't been saved!!! Will there be a copy in a temporary folder anywhere????

Thanks

Wilf

The spreadsheet had to have been on the hard drive before ou mailed it out. Where would you normally save em? My Doc folder maybe?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Try a search for *.xl* files modified in the last week.

Thank you both for replying.

I didn't explain myself too well. I have found it though.

What I did was to go to select an email I had previously sent with an attachment from Sent Items in MS Outlook. Opened up the attachment & updated it over a period of a couple of hours, clicking the 'save' button as I went. Closed it ('yes' to save) intending to return to it. When I went to open it up later I selected the wrong email (I had sent the attachment to a number of people).....this is when I thought the changes hadn't been saved......have since found the correct one.................

sorry for wasting your time..

Thanks again

Wilf

My general rule for all e-mail attachments that I want to modify (or keep for that matter) is to always save them to a location where I can find them again. If I am modifying them, I save the original that I keep unmodified, and work on a copy. This prevents data loss or confusion about where something is stored and whether it is in its original form.

Thread Information