I live in an RV in a campground whose only internet comes via wifi (Tengo ISP).

My desktop does not have a wifi adapter (yet). It’s Win7 Home Premium 64 bit. I'm going through a router via lan cable. Although the internet toolbar icon indicates I have a connection, the green light on the router is intermittent. I can't bring up a browser page. I get 404 Page Not Found.

So I go to my laptop. Try the router, again, no go. So I disconnect from the router and go to G1 Tengo, our wifi provider. I do get a connection. .

The router is called a WiFiRanger, developed for the RV community, runs on 12V when necessary, though I am currently on standard AC. When I go to my desktop’s network control center and direct it to sign on to the broad band connection, I get a little signup dialogue box, so i put in my Tengo signon stuff and i see first a box saying "connecting via WAN miniport PPPOE". After a minute or so it comes up with "error 651" and tries to start over again. On the desktop Win 7 machine, when I show network map I see a second device, which is marked as default via a checkmark. My connects should be going through my Realtek Family Controller. I don’t know where this second device came from, although I installed a new graphics card yesterday.
So I right clicked and took WAN miniport PPOE off as the default network access.
My Realtek controller’s properties show that it’s connected via Ipv4 and is receiving data.

I am one confused networker!

Thanks