Stubborn infected file plus other random symptoms

Thread: Stubborn infected file plus other random symptoms

Threaded View

Post Stubborn infected file plus other random symptoms

Hi.

I am having problems with a .3gp file i am sure is infected.
    It is in a folder on my desktop and i am unable to delete it -when i try to take it to the recycle bin it just freezes up. The folder originally also contained other files which could not be deleted but i eventually managed to remove them from the command prompt - but this one WILL NOT be moved!

I have Norton360 virus software and have even been through the online support and they are unable to remove it via remote connect (but they couldnt remove the files i eventually managed to delete!)

I have full-scanned with Norton360, AVG free, AVG Anti-Root Kit, Malwarebytes which dont pick up any infections at all.

I have also tried removing the file using FileASSASSIN software but the program just 'not responding' each time i try.

Since this all started i am also now getting lots of 'ASSERT Failed' error messages (sample attached) when i CLOSE programs (i am not sure what these mean). Windows Explorer keeps randomly crashing and restarting and my Recycle Bin keeps losing its icon (although the 'Recycle Bin' label text remains and is still usable)

I would really appreciate some help with this as i am now at a loss of what to do - i have tried everything i could find suggested to do.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information