AntiVir Solution Pro / Safe Mode

Thread: AntiVir Solution Pro / Safe Mode

AntiVir Solution Pro / Safe Mode

Hello Virtual Doctor,

In a nutshell: I've created a fairly complicated computer problem for myself and am at the very end of my tech-knowledge. I could really use the assistance of these Forums!

The basics:
    1. My computer was recently infected with AntiVir Solution Pro malware.
    2. AntiVir quickly took complete control of my laptop, preventing me from using my Malwarebyte's or Sophos AntiVirus.
    3. To work around this, I attempted to boot Safe Mode. However, instead of booting up (basic, with Networking, or with Command Prompt) the computer opened to a blue screen.
    4. The blue screen informed me that my computer might be infected with a virus (go figure) and could not be booted.
    5. As a result, the only way to boot my computer was in normal Windows mode - where the least amount of repair could be done.

Everyone still with me?

1. After doing a bit of AntiVir Soulution Pro research on a different computer, I found that I could get into the Registry Editor (something AntiVir would normally stop as an "infected program") if I used Run: regedit as soon as I entered my Desktop if I worked quickly.
    2. I did this and proceeded to delete all registry modules relevant to AntiVir.
    3. Afterward, the computer allowed me to run Malwarebyte's.
    4. I did this and 1 infected file was found in Quick Scan. I allowed Malwarebyte's to delete this file.
    5. Finally, I wanted to run Malwarebyte's again in Safe Mode.
    6. I opened Run: msconfig as switched to SAFEBOOT.INI.
    7. This restarted my computer.
    8. ... and the blue screen appeared again.

Which leads to my current problem! Now, every time I restart the computer I immediately enter Safe Mode - which leads to the blue screen! Even when I press F8 and select "normal mode" the computer boots to Safe Mode.

Virtual Dr...

1. How do I boot my computer up in Normal Mode without being able to reach msconfig?
    2. How do I correct this problem with Safe Mode?

A big thank you in advance to anyone that event attempts to help me!

~ Seraph.

I opened Run: msconfig as switched to SAFEBOOT.INI.
    The above was your main mistake. It often ends up in Safe Mode loop.

Let's see, if we can look at your computer booting from an external source.

Using good computer, please download OTLPE (filesize 120,9 MB)

• When downloaded double click on OTLPENet.exe and make sure there is a blank CD in your CD drive. This will automatically create a bootable CD.
    • Reboot your bad computer using the boot CD you just created.
      • Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
    • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
    • Depending on your type of internet connection, you should be able to get online as well so you can access this topic more easily.
    • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
    • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
    • OTL should now start.
    • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
    • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
    • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
    • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

Thanks for the assistance, but I'm still getting this blue screen (even during the CD boot):

I'd say, you're not booting from the CD.
    If you boot from the CD, Windows is not involved and it can't display any error messages.

See, if the CD you created is bootable in another computer.
    Make sure, "boot order" in BIOS lists CD drive in 1st position.

Thread Information